Monday, October 31, 2011

Cowboys and Indians

What a busy weekend full of fall fun! With two Halloween parties and volunteering for trick or trunk at our church, we spent most of the weekend in costumes! And I think I have eaten my weight in candy corn!! Each year around September I start thinking about costume ideas. I love for our costumes to all coordinate but now that we are a family of four this is more challenging! I try to get creative with costumes and not just go out and purchase one for all of us. My poor husband just waits for me to tell him what he will be wearing each year. :) He is such a good sport and goes along with all my crazy ideas!
This year I decided on cowboys and Indians-mostly because this allowed us to purchase the least amount of items possible! We only had to purchase one little Indian costume and one little cowboy hat. The rest we either had or borrowed from friends. I made my Indian costume from a family member's old dress. Super easy. I just cut the ends to make fringe and glued Aztec ribbon around the arms and neck. I made a headband with feather attached, wore brown boots and my costume was complete. Cowboy outfits are easy as long as you have a bandanna and hat! 

 My sweet little Indian!

Happy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment