Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What's Cookin?


What to cook for dinner? After a busy day, trying to decide what to cook is usually difficult. When you finally come up with an idea, it seems you never have the ingredients you need. What helps me with this challenge is menu planning! I just recently started doing this and I find it to be so much easier! I love cooking but seemed to always find myself struggling to come up with a dinner idea each night because I wouldn't have all the ingredients I needed. Menu planning allows me make my grocery list and be sure I have everything I need for the entire week. So each Sunday I sit down with my recipe book, and my computer (there are so many great recipes online!) and I plan each night's dinner and make my grocery list. I would usually just jot down the meals on a scrap piece of paper, but finally decided to create a menu chalkboard where I would have it posted in my kitchen.

So hence we have my most recent project:

This is the menu board we created in my kitchen. We created the entire thing ourselves by first using masking tape to block off the squares and then painting over the squares with chalkboard paint. (When I say we I am including my husband. He did all the measuring and making sure the squares were straight. This is not one of my strengths!)  I cut out the letters using my cricut machine and vinyl adhesive paper. I was so happy with the way the project turned out and we use this every week!  I will share my upcoming menus and recipes in future posts!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment